April 6, 2018 –1 John 3:16-1 Peter 1:10-12






Since
my mother had shared this verse with me in the early 90’s it has only grown
more and more in my spirit. This is one of the most mysterious and fascinating
topics of the Bible encompassing the New Creature IN Christ. The greatest part
of it I find in the New Birth is that I am no longer a slave to sin. “We know that our old self was crucified
with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no
longer be slaves to sin”.
Romans 6:6


But
hold on a minute, doesn’t that come into conflict with 1 John 1:8, “If we say
we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us”. Let me say
one thing, it does not say that we say we DO NOT SIN because the closer you get
to God the more light reveals that we do have sin, and possibly that we not
only commit sin, but that part of our nature is sinful in general.


But
1 John 1:9 tells us “He [God] is faithful and Just to forgive us, of our sin
AND our sinful nature”. With that said we MUST Confess or sin. The whole verse
says this, “If we [FREELY] ADMIT that we have sinned and confess our sins, He
is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive
our sins AND CLEANSE US CONTINUALLY from all unrighteousness [OUR WRONGDOING,
EVERYTHING NOT IN CONFORMITY WITH HIS WILL AND PURPOSE].


Being
awoken by The Spirit, I am very well aware that much of my life will be lived
outside God’s Will and Purpose… UNLESS, I commit the beginning of each day to
Him and SEEK God’s Purpose for my life, I AM LOST, or UNDONE as Paul would say.
Most of us growing up in the Free People Nations have never been bound by
slavery, so it is hard to conceive what that means, but everyone, everywhere is
been BOUND BY SIN. I lived for fourteen years in complete bondage and am fully
aware of what freedom in the Spirit IS, and i would not trade it for all the
riches on earth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.C.R.C.-The Christian Resource Center

April 11, 2018 -1 Peter 2:24